The main tasks will be:
• advising the steering group Europe of the Dutch Retail Association on important developments for the retail sector at European level
• furthering the interests of the Dutch retail industry in Brussels in relation to the European institutions
• also maintaining relations with Dutch civil service in The Hague on European policies.
• updating the members of the Dutch Retail Association on relevant developments via timely and concise reporting participating in working groups of EuroCommerce,the European Retail Confederation of which the Dutch Retail Association is an active member
• writing press releases, preparing meetings, drafting minutes and other operational duties as required
• guiding the junior policy adviser
Key skills required:
• University level degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of European institutions and their work procedures
• Minimal 5 years of relevant experience, preferably working experience in Brussels, for instance as assistant of a Member of the European Parliament, a representative of a company or association or as staff member of a consultancy
• Knowledge of European consumer policy, trade and internal market policy, environmental/ sustainability policy and food policy would also be an asset
• Able and willing to work in close cooperation with the secretariat of the Dutch Retail Association in the Netherlands and the members of the association, hence flexible in mind and behavior
• Good combination of interest in content and organisational skills
• Fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written). Other languages (especially French and German) would be considered a plus
Length of assignment is June 2020 till December 2020. Potentially to be continued thereafter.
Please accompany applications by a cover letter and a CV. These are to be sent to:
Hester Duursema, director
Deadline for application is 9 May 2020
All applicants will receive a response, but only those who are shortlisted will be invited for an interview.
For more information
Hester Duursema, Director. Tel: +31 (0)70 – 320 23 45
About Detailhandel Nederland
The Dutch Retail Association – Detailhandel Nederland – is the umbrella organisation for all retail trade in the Netherlands. Its purpose is to further the interests of the sector in The Hague and Brussels. The retail industry employs in the Netherlands almost 800,000 people in 100,000 stores. The total annual turnover is approximately € 109 billion. The Dutch Retail Association participates actively in EuroCommerce, the European retail association. Detailhandel Nederland is the mouthpiece for retailers in the Netherlands. Talks with the government and other consultative structures to ensure that the retail sector’s voice is heard.
Stuur een mail met je motivatie en gegevens naar: